Passengers often incorrectly enter their name while booking their flight tickets on the airline. This usually happen when they make their reservations in haste.
However, this can be quite troubling when they would board their flight. Besides, an incorrect name can also put their travel plans on halt as the airline’s executive might now allow them to board their flight. Many airlines do allow their passengers to change their name on their flight tickets, but that too comes with name change guidelines and important policy.
Now, when it comes to Southwest Airlines, the airline is quite famous for its flexible and satisfying services including a name change. One can easily travel on the airline even if they have put the incorrect name on their booking. But one must learn about the southwest airlines name change policy and other important guidelines before changing their name on the itinerary. Therefore, if you have also booked your Southwest Airlines flight tickets, and have submitted the wrong/incorrect passenger’s name, then here’s what you need to know about the name change policy of the airline.
Southwest Airlines Name Change Policy: Important Guidelines
- As per the name change policy, Southwest Airlines don’t allow its passengers to change their name on the itinerary. However, the airline exempts the situations of Changing the last name on a ticket under the following scenarios:
o Name changes can be made after marriage.
o One can change their surname for any order or legally verified documents.
- In the event, that you have entered the wrong or incorrect name on your Southwest Airlines bookings, then you can cancel them within 24 hours after the purchase without paying the cancellation fee, and then get a full refund as well. Hereafter, you can book a new flight with the correct name via using the same account and then fly to your desired destination.
- As per the Southwest Airlines Name Change policy, one can also make changes to only letters in their name. However, they’ll payable for the name change fee that is equivalent to the flight reschedule or cancellation fee on Southwest Airlines.
How To Change Name On Southwest Airlines Flight Itinerary?
Southwest Airlines provides a couple of ways to change your name on the itinerary. In the event that you have already reached the airport, then you can get in touch with the Southwest airlines name change helpdesk and talk to the travel representative. Besides, you’ll need to provide valid ID proof of your surname or the marriage certificate, and then get further assistance from the experts. Moreover, here’s How to Change Name on Southwest Airlines Ticket online.
- At first, visit the official website or the mobile app of Southwest Airlines, then head over to the Flights|Hotel|Car tab on the top right.
- Now, select the Manage Reservations option, then enter the Booking Confirmation number, and passengers’ first & last names in their respective fields.
- Fetch the booking details, then follow the onscreen instructions to edit your name in your Southwest itinerary.
For further information on the Southwest Airlines Name Change policy, name change process, and other relevant aspects, contact the airline’s customer services and talk to the live experts.
ABOUT ARTICLE AUTHOR: steve smith junior
Source: Free Guest Posting Articles from ArticlesFactory.com