By Nathan Oram
It’s not for nothing that Barcelona is the second most popular weekend getaway in Europe. Whether you want to enjoy the sights of old Gothic or contemporary architecture, chill out at pubs and cafes, enjoy fine dining, or go sightseeing, Barcelona would make sure that you don’t have a dull moment. There are a million exciting ways of spending weekend breaks in Barcelona. Here’s what you can do in Barcelona:
- l La Sagrada Familia – the giant temple by Antonio Gaudi, which has been under construction since 1882 and it won’t be another 50 years maybe before the construction finishes
- l La Pedrera (Casa Mila) – also by Antonio Gaudi, is known for its wavy brick construction and multicolored tiles
- l L’Aquarium de Barcelona located at Port Vell
- l Barcelona FC Museum – the huge football museum is also a tourist attraction
- l The Spanish Village or the Poble Espanyol de Montjuic – the village has houses that look like architecture in different parts of Spain
- l The Barcelona Zoo – apart from animals, has picnic area, shops, and electric cars
- l The Picasso Museum – has the master’s paintings in chronological order from his earliest works till his final ones
- l Miro Museum
- l National Museum of Art of Catalunya
- l The Magic Fountain of Montjuic
- l La Rambla Street
What makes spending a weekend, especially if it’s a long one, in Barcelona more special is its mild weather that lasts through the year. Winters here are also mild and summers are sunny because of the seas.
Barcelona is also a perfect place for night crawlers who like to let their hair down at discos. Café de les Delicies, and the silver fish-sculpted Peix on the 43rd floor of Hotel Arts are two hotspots in Barcelona. The city does not sleep, and the party goes on till even 6 am! The nightclubs are trendy, hip, and spectacular. Some other Barcelona Night Clubs are:
Barcelona Bike Tours
The Barcelona bike tour is also a great way to see the city from a different and fresh perspective. These bike tours are given by guides. They take you through medieval lanes in the Gothic Quarter, the Olympic Village, the modernist edifices by Gaudi, and beaches. You don’t even need to make a reservation with some of the tour providers; you can just get there 10 minutes before the tour begins.
Barcelona hen weekends:
Barcelona is an irresistible land that will lead you straight into temptation especially if you indulge in Barcelona Hen dos. There are innumerable packages where you will be pampered like you cannot imagine. Some of the services provided are:
u Luxurious apartments and hotel accommodation
u Sightseeing and bike tours
u Hen meal and cocktails
u Salsa class and entry in the hottest salsa club
u Tapas cuisine
Once you go to Barcelona for a weekend, the longer it is the better and more fun for you!
For more information on Barcelona weekends [http://barcelona.henorita.com/indexb/999/barcelona_hen_weekends.htm], check out the info available online; these will help you learn to find the Barcelona weekend [http://barcelona.henorita.com/indexb/999/barcelona_hen_weekends.htm]!
Article Source: https://EzineArticles.com/expert/Nathan_Oram/450649
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/4700792